WILDLIFE TRAINING IN NEPAL: Nepal’s biodiversity ranges from the lowlands in Terai to the high mountain regions of the Himalayas, and holds a diverse ecosystem imperative to the country’s culture and livelihood. However, intensive research and in depth study of the region’s flora and fauna is greatly deficient due to a lack of technical knowledge, quality education, skills training, and resources for researchers. Especially missing is a recognition on the importance of engaging and empowering a younger generation of researchers and conservation advocates as they relate to the long term health and sustainability of Nepal’s ecosystems. Support for wildlife and land conservation dwindles due to the absence of information of the current state of ecosystem health and scarcity of engagement towards younger generations to get involved in environmentalist causes. A 17 day training program in partnership with the Nepal Youth Council aims to fill the gap between theoretical and practical knowledge amongst students currently interested in the conservation field in Nepal. We look to provide the skills, resources, education, and a supportive network to empower aspiring environmentalists to take charge in leading the region towards wildlife and land conservation necessary for long term sustainability. Included in the training will be hands-on research, photography seminars, and use of technology in the field, culminating with 10 written and submitted research reports.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING
- To equip 10 students interested in conservation with the skills, techniques, knowledge, and support to carry out wildlife research in Nepal.
- To provide field based research knowledge to 10 Nepal students, resulting in 10 field reports created by participants.
- To connect 10 Nepal students to CoalitionWILD’s network for empowerment, support, and inspiration,
- To develop a replicable curriculum to employ in other areas of Nepal, potentially also spanning other regions
- Participant shall be above 20 years and below 30 years old.
- Participants shall be studying in bachelor level ( Agriculture, Forestry, Geology and with related to Environment and Science)
- Selected Participants should pay Rs. Three Thousand for Registration.
APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT: [ FIRST PHASE ]
- Updated CV (Bio Data) (Maximum 2 Pages)
- Letter of Interest (Maximum 400 words)
- PP Size Photograph
- Recommendation Letter from any organization, College.
- Citizenship Copy
Note: All above mention documents will be essentials AND selection will base on Gender Equality.
Application Deadline: 30 Oct, 2017
For More Details:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org || email@example.com || firstname.lastname@example.org || email@example.com