Criteria for the selection of “IDEAS”
1) The participants can apply for the seed fund either individually or by forming a group. However, each member of the group or the individual must be living in the local government they will represent in the conference and their idea must also focus on the implementation of the project in the same local government.
2) The ideas must focus on the theme “Environmental Conservation” & “Youth Engagement in Climate Action Initiatives” and should highlight the role of youths in the same cause. Each idea must compulsorily ensure the aspect of gender equality and social inclusion during its implementation.
3) Under the first scrutiny, a total of three ideas from each province will be selected for the accelerator program and one idea from each province will finally get the seed fund of NRs 50,000 each for implementation.
4) If your idea is selected in your respective province, you must compulsorily collaborate with the local government in which the project will be implemented.
5) Each idea must focus on the aspect of “match-funding”, meaning the idea must have the scope of raising an additional NRs 50,000 through collaboration and sponsorships. Such ideas will be prioritized.
6) The ideas coming from the participants of the National Youth Conference 2021 will be prioritized.
7) The selection committee for the selection of the final ideas will comprise personalities from five distinct areas. The committee members will be announced on 13 August 2021.
8) The ideas from each province that will be selected for the seed fund will be announced through a special ceremony on September 21, 2021. Each team or individual must submit the final timeline and key indicators of the project by 30 September 2021. The final proposal must include the use of press and social media for effective outreach and must use the fixed frame modality for proper implementation.
9) The three ideas selected from each province in the first scrutiny will be enrolled in a month-long accelerator program where multiple pieces of training and coaching sessions will be held.
10) The implementation period for each idea will be 21 September 2021 – 15 December 2021. After 15 December, each individual or group will have until 31 December to report back to Nepal Youth Council. In the report, each individual or group must submit all the original bills, detailed project report, photos and videos of the project. Nepal Youth Council will be providing the format of the report.